When it comes to WOUND CARE, there is only a few in the WORLD that the best turn to for advice, and Gerit Mulder tops this list. He is Director of the Wound Treatment and Research Center at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center. He is a full time faculty member in the Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma/Burn and a Professor of Surgery and Orthopedics. Dr Mulder has been involved in research, education and clinical treatment related to tissue repair and chronic wounds for over 20 years. He is an internationally recognized speaker, clinician, and researcher and has published extensively in numerous medical journals and books. Currently he is on the editorial board of "Wounds" and "Advances in Wound Care". He is extensively involved in national and international education related to wound treatment.
Dr. Mark Block, 11-23-2010
There is no one better to learn about what is going on with Medicare in the country then the Chairman of APMA’s Health Policy Committee. Dr. Mark Block, a Past President of the Florida Podiatric Medical Association, and currently a CAC rep and Chair of HPC will be our guest TONIGHT to share what is going on and what strategies should be put into place. Listen to last night's special presentation!
Leonard Levy, DPM, MPH, 11-16-2010
Since 1999 Leonard A. Levy, DPM, MPH, has been with Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine as Associate Dean for Education, Planning and Research and since 9/11 as Director of the Center for Bioterrorism and All-Hazards Preparedness (CBAP). CBAP was one of seven centers in the nation in the National Education Strategy Team charged by the U.S. Assistant Secretatary for Preparedness and Response to develop a national template to train physicians, other health professionals, and first responders in all-hazards preparedness. He is Professor of Family Medicine/Public Health/Biomedical Informatics.
In 2009 Dr. Levy was a Fulbright Scholar (Senior Specialist) at the Faculty of Medicine of Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia. In addition to his degree in podiatric medicine he holds a Masters of Public Health degree from the Faculty of Medicine, School of Public Health of Columbia University (first DPM in the world to receive the MPH). Dr. Levy has authored more than100 peer reviewed journal articles in osteopathic medical, medical, podiatric medical, and public health publications. He also is the author/editor of two major texts, one monologue, has written chapters for texts in dermatology as well as podiatric medicine, and has lectured throughout the nation to physicians, other health professionals, and other groups. His career includes positions as a president, vice president, dean, associate dean, and faculty member. Among these are: Stanford University School of Medicine where he was invited to serve as Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology, the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston as full time Consultant to the President, State University of New York at Stony Brook Health Science Center as Founding Dean and Professor in the School of Podiatric Medicine, Des Moines University of the Health Sciences as Vice President for Education and Research, and Founding Dean and Professor of Podiatric Medicine, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, and President of the California College of Podiatric
Harold D. Schoenhaus, DPM, FACFAS, 11-09-2010
- Graduated from Pennsylvania college of Podiatric Medicine in 1970.
- Faculty member Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine.
- Academic profile: Full professor Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine.
- Past Chairman Department of orthopedics and Past Chairman Department of Surgery at the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine.
- Past president American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
- Board certified American Board of Podiatric Surgery and American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics.
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedists & Medicine.
- Past Chairman Department of Foot and Ankle Surgery Graduate Hospital Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Past Chairman department of Foot and Ankle Surgery John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital in Philadelphia.
- Inventor lecture publishing and research with numerous articles of publication in refereed and non-refereed journals.
- Distinguish Podiatric Physician by the National Academies of Practice.
- Presently Podiatric Medical Director Wound Care Center Presbyterian Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Private practice and attending physician, University of Pennsylvania Presbyterian Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA.